What is Moodle?
Spring 2017 Training Schedule
45min sessions starting Tuesday, March 14, 2017 through Friday, June 30, 2017
Online via Adobe Connect & Face-to-face in Newark
Location: RBHS, Dental School Building, Level B, Room 725
- Grading in Moodle: Pt 1. Grade Book Setup – How to set up your grade book, enter grades, import grades, export grades, and manage what students see.
- Grading in Moodle: Pt 2. Using Rubrics – How to give qualitative feedback using the Rubric tool and Marking Guide tool available in the Assignment Dropbox activity.
- Grading in Moodle: Pt 3. Assessing Discussions – Best practices for grading discussions and giving feedback to students about their participation.
- Quiz Setup & Management – How to build a quiz in Moodle, grade those essay questions, fix an incorrect question, re-grade your quiz and review the item analysis of responses.
- Groups & Team-Based Learning – Learn how to create groups and set up activities and resources for team-based learning.
- Conditional-Release & Completion Tracking – Learn how to use the “Restrict Access” and “Activity Tracking” features to release course content to students automatically, based on date/time or completion of your specified criteria, or simply generate reports of who completed what and when.
- Using the Moodle Assignment Tool – How to create a drop-box, for individual as well as group submissions, how to view submissions, and give feedback and grades.
- Building Exams with Respondus (PC only) – Use Respondus (PC only) to publish exams from a Word doc to your Moodle course.
- Intro to Lecture Capture with iSpring (PC only) – An introduction to recording narrations for your PowerPoint Lectures and integrating quiz questions using iSpring Suite.
- Intro to Kaltura – An introduction to using Kaltura for recording audio podcasts, screencasts, webcams, and narrated presentations; then publish to your Moodle course and review engagement analytics on who watched it when, how many times, and how much of it.
- In-Video Quizzes with Kaltura – Insert quiz questions into your Kaltura videos to help students assess their learning and comprehension of the content.
- Working with Discussion Forums – Learn about the different types of forums and tips for moderating discussions in your courses.
- Plagiarism Prevention with Turnitin – Help your students improve their writing skills and avoid plagiarism, using Turnitin to scan papers, presentations, and discussion posts.
- Accessibility Strategies – Learn how to make course content that is posted online accessible to all of your students.
- Peer Review Tools – An overview of tools in Moodle suitable for peer-review learning activities.
|Grading in Moodle: Pt1 – Grade Book Setup||Tuesday, March 14, 2017||10:00 AM||Online|
|Grading in Moodle: Pt2 – Using Rubrics||Monday, March 20, 2017||3:00 PM||Online|
|Grading in Moodle: Pt 3. Assessing Discussions||Friday, March 24, 2017||11:00 AM||Online|
|Quiz Setup & Management||Thursday, March 30, 2017||12:00 PM||Newark|
|Groups & Team-Based Learning||Wednesday, April 5, 2017||10:15 AM||Online|
|Conditional Release & Completion Tracking||Monday, April 10, 2017||4:00 PM||Online|
|Using the Assignment Tool||Friday, April 21, 2017||11:30 AM||Online|
|Building Exams with Respondus (PC Only)||Tuesday, April 25, 2017||2:30 PM||Newark|
|Intro to Lecture Capture with iSpring (PC Only)||Monday, May 1, 2017||10:00 AM||Online|
|Intro to Kaltura||Friday, May 5, 2017||12:00 PM||Newark|
|In-Video Quizzes with Kaltura||Tuesday, May 10, 2017||4:30 PM||Online|
|Working with Discussion Forums||Wednesday, May 17, 2017||11:00 AM||Online|
|Moodle Orientation (gear up for summer)||Thursday, June 8, 2017||12:00 PM||Online|
|Accessibility Strategies||Tuesday, June 13, 2017||2:00 PM||Newark|
|Plagiarism Prevention with Turnitin||Monday, June 19, 2017||3:30 PM||Online|
|Peer Review Tools||Friday, June 30, 2017||11:30 AM||Online|
REGISTER NOW: Moodle & eLearning Training Registration Form
You can submit the Registration form multiple times, so feel free to sign up for different sessions later on.
Please contact Sarah Ashley at 973-972-8238 or email her at ude.sregtur.tionull@asyelhsa
See you in one or more of the training sessions!
Last minute decision to register?
The please just join us using Guest access at the following link: https://meetings.rutgers.edu:443/elearningtraining/
Please contact Sarah Ashley at 973-972-8238 (ude.sregtur.tionull@asyelhsa) or Moodle Support at 973-972-8676, ude.sregtur.acnull@pleheldoom.